It’s important for everyone to stay healthy, but it can be hard at the workplace. Your desk may look orderly and clean, but that doesn’t mean it’s free of germs. In fact, most offices are full of them! It’s important for everyone to stay healthy, but it can be hard at the workplace.
The best way to avoid getting sick at work is to always wash your hands. This includes after using the bathroom, sneezing or coughing, and before eating. One of the worst things about being sick is all of the time it takes away from productivity. It’s also not just you that gets affected by this- when someone else in your office catches what you have, they may be out for days as well! That means less work done for everyone on a team. Other ways to prevent sickness include keeping food refrigerated and washing fruits and veggies with water before eating them (not soap). Finally, don’t forget to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day!
Click here – 6 Professional Bio Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Promoting hand washing, drying and sanitation of hands, let us talk about in this blog post the best practices we can follow for proper hand hygiene.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
Frequent hand washing is necessary to keep your hands clean. If soap and water are not available, use a good quality sanitizer such as Purell or Lysol which kill 99 percent of the bacteria that may be living on your skin from things like dirty bathrooms in public places/schools and handling money.
Frequent hand washing with soapy water should always be practiced when possible; if you don’t have access to soap and running water, make sure you’re using an effective antibacterial product (such as alcohol-based hand sanitiser) for maximum protection against harmful germs!
- Keep your workstation tidy by cleaning up spills immediately.
Keep your workstation tidy by cleaning up spills as soon as they happen.
Silly mistakes can wreak havoc on a workspace, but you don’t have to be the one who pays for their consequences! Keep it organized and clean with these tips:
– Clean any spill immediately or cleanup may become difficult later. This is especially important if an oil based liquid was spilled; waiting will cause discoloration of surfaces around the area where spilt liquids were not cleaned right away .
– Place items like cups and pens in containers (or even separate drawers) so that there are no more than two objects at most per surface – this keeps everything visible from all angles, which makes finding things easier when needed. If necessary use labels or markers.
- Take regular breaks outside where there is fresh air and sunshine.
Working in an office can be smelly, hot and humid. Take a break outside to get some fresh air and sunlight!
Taking breaks away from your desk is important for your mental health as well – not only will you feel more refreshed afterwards but it also helps reduce the likelihood of getting sick due to fatigue or stress.
- Get plenty of sleep- 8 hours a night is best.
Sleeping is important to our health and productivity. Lack of sleep can lead us feeling tired, run-down or stressed out which in turn affects how we act with others at work including those customers who depend on your service for their own satisfaction
- Don’t forget to eat nutritious food every day
The quality of your day at work is affected by what you eat.
The quality of the food that we consume has a direct effect on our mental and physical well-being, so it’s important to have an understanding about how nutrition impacts moods and productivity levels in order to have greater awareness for one self as each meal presents itself throughout the course of a given day.
With these tips in mind, hopefully you won’t get sick as often at work!