You may have plans to visit Indore, a city popularly visited by tourists in the state of Madhya Pradesh. There are several cool places to visit in this beautiful, historical city. Indore is also considered to be the state’s largest city and often nicknamed as ‘Mini Bombay’. It is well-known for its rich culture and history and indeed the best place to visit with family and friends. You may visit some of the stunning historical monuments and indulge in tasty street food. Most of the buildings and places across the city were established by the Holkars dynasty as well as the Marathas during their reign of the place. You can select the best resorts in indore at a convenient location so that you can explore the lengths and breadths of the city easily and without exceeding your travel budget.
List of must-visit places in Indore
- Lalbagh Palace: This palace is considered to be among the popular remnants of the great Holkars. It exhibits excellent architecture and hence, a real marvel that does require special mention and visit. Its detailed design is quite enticing and worth the close look.
- Rajwada: The rulers of Holkars did manage to improve the city structure although they flourished under the powerful Maratha Dynasty. The grand palace of the Holkars is located in the very heart of this beautiful city and is an important tourist place. It boasts of being a 7-storeyed structure near Chhatris. Tourists who wish to have a glimpse of the grandeur of this palace tend to visit throughout the year. There is quite a lot to learn about the Holkars from this visit. Rajawada is further divided into two parts, namely, the palace and a temple that is present within its premises. Here, you are sure experience the very best of regality combined with spirituality.
- Khajrana Ganesh Temple: According to the locals, there is an interesting story connected with this temple that is dedicated to Lord Ganesha. History suggests that Ahilyabai Holkar, the famous ruler had built this temple in Indore to pray to Lord Ganesha for the well-being of her subjects. But the main objective was to protect the idol from Aurangzeb, the last Mughal Emperor whose army otherwise might have damaged it. The temple does boast of having an eclectic architecture, but about with simplicity. It has a white dome reflecting Maratha-styled architecture that is quite fascinating to view. Several small deities are present within the premises of different gods. Folklore states that Ahilyabai was a very religious and pious lady whose main objective was to protect her subjects and do lots of good things for them. Under her rule, people were said to have very happy including the poor while being devoted to the kingdom and God.
- Patalpani Waterfalls: Besides monuments, there are lots of other things to enjoy in the city outskirts. You can get to see lush greenery by visiting Patalpani Waterfalls. It is a wonderful place to be with children and friends. You can have a grand picnic with the waterfall as your background. However, there seems to be an interesting story about this place. According to locals, no one knows the depth of the waterfalls, the place where the water falls. It is a common belief that the water may perhaps be reaching the underworld. Hence, do not try to find out the actual water depths by entering it or take a dip. Rather, enjoy its sound and get to experience the nature and greenery around filled with small animals and birds.
- Central Museum: Historical monuments can be fascinating as it tells you about something and its history. You should visit Central Museum as it is a wonderful historical heritage where you can get to learn more about the history of Indore and the rulers who governed the land once. You can come across exhibits of remains of the famous Parmar sculptures. Ranging from medieval Hindu to Jain sculptures, there are several intriguing sights to explore in this museum.
- Chappan Dukaan: A trip to Indore city is stated to be incomplete if you do not visit Chappan Dukaan. This city is popular for its food culture and this place is where you can get to enjoy amazing gastronomical experience. You can find here Indian street food and snacks of different combinations and flavours. You are sure to love them, be it sweet, sour or spicy. It is rather a haven for food enthusiasts. This shop is open to serve good quality, fresh, piping-hot food items to customers from 6am to late evening.
- Annapurna Temple: This temple structure is quite similar to that of Meenakshi Amman Koil of Madurai, Tamil Nadu. This temple however, is dedicated to Goddess Annapurna, considered to be the ‘provider of food’. It is a real architectural marvel and is of great interest to art enthusiasts. You can find lots of intricate carvings on its walls along with detailed paintings. Its architectural brilliance is sure to make you stunned. However, you are not permitted to bring camera inside the premises.
- Tincha Falls: This is another falls in the list that is of great importance. You can get to see the magnificent falls along with the vast lush greenery around. This falls is located at a distance of just 25km from the city. You can easily book a cab to reach this place. However, it is only during the monsoons that you can experience magic here. You can have picnic with others and also enjoy a swim in its clear, cool waters.
- Choral Dam: It is quite easily among the prominent places deserving special attention from the tourists. This dam is considered to be the latest addition in the growing list of tourism development project of the state of Madhya Pradesh. It is a fabulous and serene locale that is sure to intoxicate your senses.
Select the best resorts in indore as it will make you feel fresh and enjoy your trip thoroughly.