LIC AAO is also known as Life Insurance Corporation of India Assistant Administrative Officer. This exam is conducted by the Life Insurance Corporation of India. Candidates opting for a career in life and general insurance or in the finance sector should check the LIC AAO test. The exam provides an opportunity in different job roles in the finance and managerial sectors.
LIC AAO Selection Process
A three-tiered approach to job selection is mentioned in the announcement. It contains the following stages. The exam preparation for LIC AAO must be done in the most comprehensive manner to be able to get selected.
Selection Process for Prelims
- The Preliminary Examination, or Phase 1, is an objective assessment (Online Mode). Subject to availability, at least 20 times the total of vacancies in each bracket will be selected for the Mains
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Language||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||English/ Hindi||16||18||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English/ Hindi||16||18||20 minutes|
|English Comprehension||30||30**||English||09||10||20 minutes|
Selection Process for Mains
- The Mains, also known as Phase 2, consists of a factual and descriptive evaluation (Online Mode). The descriptive exam will serve as the qualifying exam.
- English marks will not be used to determine rank in either phase 1 or phase 2.
|LIC AAO (Generalist) Mains Exam Pattern|
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||30||90||40||45||40 minutes|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30||60||27||30||20 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||30||90||40||45||40 minutes|
|Insurance & Financial Market awareness||30||60||27||30||20 minutes|
|English (Letter & Essay writing)||2||25**||09||10||30 minutes|
- To be eligible for the tests (Prelim and Main) as well as the interview, the applicant must complete each section separately and receive a minimum aggregate score. Only the outcomes of the Main Examination will be used to select candidates for an interview, and the Main Examination results combined with the results of the interview will be used to publish the actual merit list.
- Following the interview, candidates will be asked to undergo a medical examination. Only medically fit people will be considered for the final appointment, according to the guidelines.
For more information on LIC AAO, you can check out BYJU’s Exam prep. You can also ace your preparation with BYJU’s Exam prep materials and expert faculties.