What Is The Meaning Of Accounts Receivable?
The meaning of the term accounts receivable is that it is money owed to a company by its debtors. The accounts receivable is a constitutionally administered claim for payment held by a business for goods exported or services provided to that customers or clients that have ordered but not paid for. Accounts receivable are shown in a balance sheet as an asset. It is a kind of series of accounting transactions dealing with the billing of a customer for goods and services that the customer or client has ordered.
An example of a common payment term is not 30 days, which means that the payment is due at the end of 30 days from the date of the invoice. The debtor is free to pay before the due date, also a business can offer a discount for early payment. For example, our electricity bills, gas bills, etc. it has some due date and if we make an early payment it offers us some kind of discount and we make a delay in the transaction of the payment it also charges the extra money, which is also called as a fine. The payments of accounts receivable can be protected either by a letter of credit or by trade credit insurance.
See This Also: What Is Meaning Of Set Up? Find Out Meaning Of Set Up.
Examples Of Using The Word Accounts Receivable Are:
- Its design lets users form as many distinct ledgers as are needed, such as projects, expenses, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- We also have an online connection to accounts receivable information worldwide, modernized weekly.
- Everything from accounts receivable to payroll to tax-return production was done by those bureaus because we couldn’t provide our own computers.
- Another strategy already wide-spread in most of Europe, but relatively new in Germany, is factoring, in which a business in effect takes against its accounts receivable.
- Should the owner decease, the business enterprise terminates, leaving only the benefits of the business such as equipment, accounts receivable, and real property.
- My company’s accounts receivable utilized to be large and troublesome.
- A directorial control panel, for example, permits a CEO to look bank balances, a ranking of the top 10 sales agents, the top ten customers, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- One of the best methods to avert long accounts receivable timelines is by doing due assiduity on your customers upfront.
- One of the easiest methods to book non-existent earning is simply to make journal entries debiting accounts receivable and crediting sales.
- A huge majority of nursing homes in the United States finance their accounts receivable.