What Is Meaning Of Weirdness?
What Is Meaning Of Weirdness?
The meaning of the term weirdness is that it is the quality of being very strange. Someone who behaves very strange and unusual, unexpected or not natural can also be termed as weirdness.
The other words which can be synonymous with the term weirdness are a delusion, quirk, strangeness, peculiarity, oddity, eccentricity, etc. In simpler words, you can also say that anything that is being strange or behaving very unusual can be termed as weirdness.
There are also some quotes based on the weirdness that may help you understand more clearly about the word weirdness. For example, We’re all a little weird, and life is a little weird, where’s your will to be weird, etc.
The term weirdness is derived from the Middle English word werde, wierde, wired, wyrede, wurde, from Old English wyrd, wurd, which means “that which happens, providence, event, phenomenon, transaction, fact, deed, fate”.
The term weird was extinct by the 16th century in English. You can also understand more clearly about the term weirdness by using the term in the sentences. For example, she wasn’t able to catch up, though, not with the absolute weirdness of it all. Some of the weirdest words can also be stated as poppycock, flummox, curmudgeon, lackadaisical, lollygag, etc.
Examples Of Using The Word Weirdness Are:
- The latest virus has cleaned the world and is now culpable for numerous e-mail slowdowns and other weirdness.
- This fall’s written landscape fairly bristles with weirdness, distortion, and subversion.
- The typical electronic weirdness of the sound effects is conserved, though occasionally soft-spoken lines are lost.
- Anyway, this kind of weirdness is what makes the Internet great, and we desire them well.
- This movie consists of just the right mix of tender-hearted moments, weirdness and entertainment.
- This opens the door for more weirdness for weirdness’s benefit, but sometimes, that can be too much of a good something.
- After all of the weirdness and darkness, het finishes on an upbeat note by offering us with a classic romantic entertainment.
- She presumably would have been more careful on the graveyard shift, but who anticipated such weirdness this early in the day?
- The animator exceptional brings his trademarked weirdness to feature-length once more with this new release.
- You now had jokes in common, suffering, dreams, and that you had a weirdness of your own that she literally wanted to understand.
- But notwithstanding its popularity, Reddit manages to keep a glorious, dark, unabashed weirdness that positively flourishes there.
What Is Another Word For Weirdness?
The words eerie and uncanny are common synonyms of weird. While all three words mean “mysteriously strange or fantastic,” weird may imply an unearthly or supernatural strangeness or it may stress peculiarity or oddness.
What Is The Original Meaning Of The Word Weird?
Wyrd is a concept in Anglo-Saxon culture roughly corresponding to fate or personal destiny. The word is ancestral to Modern English weird, whose meaning has drifted towards an adjectival use with a more general sense of “supernatural” or “uncanny”, or simply “unexpected”.