What Is The Meaning Of Adulteration?
What Is The Meaning Of Adulteration?
The meaning of the term adulteration is, it is the action of making something poorer in quality by the addition of another substance. In simpler words, you can also define the term adulteration as to make food or drink weaker or to lower its quality, by adding something else. The other terms which can be synonymous with the word adulteration are degraded, debase, spoil, taint, defile, contaminate, foul, sully, pollute, etc.
The “adulterant” is materiality originated within other materialities namely food, beauty products, pharmaceuticals, fuel or other chemicals that middle ground the protection or efficacy of the said materialities.
In simpler words, you can also say that the addition of adulterants is called as adulteration. The most general reason for adulteration is the use by manufacturers of undeclared materials that are cheaper than the correct and declared ones.
Adulterants are very harmful to our health. There are various types of adulterants such as poisonous or deleterious substances, filth, and foreign matter, economic adulteration, microbiological contamination, and adulteration, etc.
You can also say that adulteration of food can be generally defined as “the addition or subtraction of any substance to or from food so that the natural composition and quality of food substance is affected”.
Examples Of Using The Word Adulterate Are:
- The general operation in the West Indies was to baptize, add color, and otherwise adulterate rum to make it look better.
- The meatball was unusual, with just enough folder to hold its shape but not adulterate the energy of the meat.
- A viper has stung me in my very garden, an incestuous, adulterate beast born of allure!
- Two other species of genus Myristica may be utilized to adulterate nutmeg as a spice.
- These businessmen didn’t adulterate products, putting leaves in tea or chalk in the grate.
- They are much handed-down to adulterate those of Oporto, or, after undergoing the blending operation termed as compared, are passed off as Bordeaux wines in France.
- I want to adulterate the lemonade with water so that we have more, but I am frightened of ruining the quality.
- The fast-food firm had a lawsuit filed against them because they endeavored to adulterate their meat without telling customers.
- Before I purchase any canned fruit, I make sure that the firm does not adulterate with high fructose corn molasses.
- Many processed food brands get caught for trying to adulterate their products with poor quality additives and conservatives.
- Kate is careful not to adulterate her professional repute by making poor options on social media.
What Is The Synonym Of Adulteration?
dilute. verbmake thinner; weaken. adulterate. alter. attenuate.
What Is The Means Of Adulteration?
Adulteration is the act of making food or drugs of poor quality by adding some other substances to them.
What Are The Examples Of Adulteration?
Adding certain chemicals for faster ripening of fruits. Mixing of decomposed fruits and vegetables with the good ones. Adding certain natural and chemical dyes to attract consumers. Mixing of clay, pebbles, stones, sand, and marble chips, to the grains, pulses and other crops.
What Is Another Word For Adulteration?
In this page you can discover 10 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for adulteration, like: contamination, adulterant, adulterate, , corruption, deterioration, pollution, sophistication, debasement and clean.
What Is Example Of Food Adulteration?
Examples of Food Adulteration
- Adding water to increase the volume of food, making it appear more plentiful and therefore worth more money.
- Adding starch to increase the weight of food, making it appear more costly.
- Adding sugar to food to improve its flavor, or adding dyes to make it appear more colorful.