What Is The Meaning Of Affluent?
The meaning of the term affluent is that, having a great deal of money especially of a group or area; wealthy. In simpler words, you can also define the meaning of affluent as having a lot of money or owning a lot of things.
The other words which can be synonymous with the term affluent can also be given such as rich, prosperous, opulent, comfortable, well-to-do, wealthy, etc. Whereas, some of the antonyms can also be given as poor, needy, broke, deprived, insufficient, bankrupt, skint, etc.
You can also understand more clearly the meaning of the affluent by making the use of the word in the sentence. Some of the examples can be given such as, it is joined by its second great affluent: the Vaal, neither the Orontes nor the Litany has any important affluent, it is the greatest western affluent of the Missouri-Mississippi system.
Most of the people often question that, what is an affluent professional? So, usually, the meaning of affluent professionals is that it consists of a group of individuals that are educated and have a high income and net worth. Some of the examples are affluent professionals who can be given as doctors, architects, business owners, attorneys, executives, etc.
Examples Of Using The Word Affluent Are:
- A wedding is taking place in the gardens of an affluent, upper-class household.
- Affluent professionals living in the city center are being targeted by thieves on the prowl for rich pickings at plush apartments.
- Advertisers are attracted to us because we have an affluent male audience, which is increasingly difficult to get a message to.
- They made jeans with holes in them when the more affluent groups got involved.
- The Government wants to re-allocation wealth from more affluent regions in the south to underprivileged parts in the north of the nation.
- Statistics prove that people living in deprived areas are less likely to use medical services than those living in more affluent areas.
- The affluent in Malay society hold weddings in hotels or large community halls.
- This medieval market town, now an affluent commuter adjunct to Newcastle, is worth a visit if only to see the striking Hexham Abbey.
- From this point of view, foreign investment, in particular, was seen as an effective remedy for unemployment in less affluent nations.
- The discussion has given rise to some of the soul-searching about how gays and lesbians are served in this affluent, tight-knit society.