Find The Meaning Of DNA?
What Is The Meaning Of DNA?
The Meaning Of DNA In English,
DNA is the acronym that stands for “Deoxyribonucleic acid”. DNA is a molecule that is composed when two chains are coiled around each other to form a double helix carrying genetic instructions for the development, functioning, growth, and reproduction of all organisms and many viruses. The two DNA strands are also known as polynucleotides and they are composed of simpler monomeric units.
These simpler monomeric units are also called as nucleotides. Each and every nucleotide is composed of one of four nitrogen-containing nucleobases( cytosine [C], guanine [G], adenine [A] or thymine [T], a sugar called deoxyribose, and a phosphate group.
These nucleotides are bonded to each other by the covalent bonds between the sugar of one nucleotide and the phosphate of the next, resulting in an alternating sugar-phosphate backbone.
Both strands of DNA store the same biological information. DNA was first founded by Friedrich Miescher in 1869. Its molecular structure was identified at the Cavendish Laboratory within the University of Cambridge in 1953. DNA is also used by the researchers as a molecular tool to explore physical laws and theories, such as the ergodic theorem and the theory of elasticity.
Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) technologies are also being used to help diagnose genetic diseases, such as sickle-cell disease Huntington’s disease. They are also essential for the pharmaceutical industries and medicines.
As DNA has been an excellent discovery in the 20th century, it will also be continuing to revolutionize medicine, agriculture, forensics, paternity and many other important fields in society today. It has also been discussed about the discovery of DNA as well as our understanding of its structure and functioning as the most important discovery of the previous century.
The effect of the discovery of DNA in the scientific and medical progress is so vast, as it involves the identification of our genes, the manufacturing of drugs to treat these devastating diseases, etc.
<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>
What Are The Synonyms Of DNA?
Synonyms Of DNA Are:
Not Available The Synonyms Of DNA
What Are The Antonyms Of DNA?
Antonyms Of DNA Are:
Not Available The Antonyms Of DNA
What Are The Related Words Of DNA?
Related Words Of DNA Are:
Not Available The Related Words Of DNA
What Is The Noun Form Of DNA?
Noun Form Of DNA Is:
Not Available The Noun Form Of DNA
What Is The Verb Form Of DNA?
Verb Form Of DNA Is:
Not Available The Verb Form Of DNA
What Is The Adjective Of DNA?
Adjective Of DNA Is:
Not Available The Adjective Of DNA
Examples Of Using The Word DNA Are:
- And they also had to study up on DNA science and the workings of the lawful system.
- The film also appears ahead, considering the possibility of cloning the mammoth, should DNA be recovered during the upcoming scientific studies.
- In plants, large genomic DNA clones from one species were depicted by Fish on chromosomes from related species.
- Cathy’s an ace with the computer and knows how to appliance the DNA analyzer database to delete the log entry for a test run.
- The group also wants the government to subscribe to the costs of the exhumations, involving DNA testing and dignified reburials.
- Based on microsatellite DNA analyses, the northern water snake also shows confirmation for local population differentiation.
- Under ultra-violet light, it shines and the DNA code can be read under a microscope.
- Science whizz-kids yesterday took on the difficult task of removing DNA from kiwi fruit.
- Another difference between DNA and RNA is that RNA includes ribose, rather than deoxyribose.
- Gene flow is the shift of recombinant DNA incorporated in genetically modified plants into wild populations.
- But first, he would be sent to an encounter center where he would be strip-searched, photographed and have a DNA sample taken.
You were searching for the meaning of DNA
I hope you had got the meaning of DNA with synonyms and antonyms.
I Hope All Queries Covered In This Post LIke
What is the Meaning of DNA In English?
What is meant By DNA?
What Does DNA mean?
Check out this also=What Is The Meaning Of IAS? Find Out Meaning Of IAS.