Smashing into the shoppers is pretty cool, and picking out the most fantastic color to floor your home is cooler. But I don’t think waking up to the sacrifice of re-flourishing by day is in any way cool? Of course, it can be a way tedious if you do not follow the code.
This step-by-step guide has incredibly held for your instructions for carpet steam cleaning.
Step 1: Empty the Room: it is as simple as moving moveable objects to the outside. Cover the sofas if they are too heavy. Also, remember to wipe off the baseboard before jumping into the next step.
Step 2: Vacuum Clean Your Carpets: Run the machine in one direction, ensuring it pick enough draughts, crumbs, food particles or any form of debris lurked in the belly of the carpet. Repeat this step two or three times before steam cleaning your carpet. You will have to steam clean because this is not enough to remove solid particles and deep dirty lurked in the deepest part of the rug. However, ensure you repeat this step two or more times to remove as much dirt as possible. This stage also provides the carpet ready for thorough steaming.
Step 3: Treat Tough Stains before Proper Steaming: While a vacuum cleaner can help you remove a large quantity of dirt from your carpet, it will not help remove some stubborn stains like liquid spills; wine spills, pet urine, coffee, and some others. For that, follow the procedure below:
- Blot a clean hyper microfiber in water, with any eco-friendly stain removal chemical solution
- Soak the affected area and let it mist for about 15 minutes.
- DO NOT scrub the after soak as it can embed deeper into the carpet and make it impossible for steam cleaning.
Step 4: Prepare Your Steam Machine. Follow these guidelines
- Fill the steam cleaner tank with water following the manufacturer’s instructions
- Add dishwashing soap or white vinegar into the tank to achieve white and shiny results as ordinary water cannot be strong enough for such a wipe.
- Connect the tack with the steam mop to heat up to 212-degree F to kill germs and bedbugs, dust mites, and so on.
- Use natural-based cleaning agents like white vinegar or baking soda.
Step 5: Steam Clean Your Carpet: Run the steam cleaning machine on your carpet from one edge to another, it is better to run the mop on straight lines after another until the full space is covered. Don’t start from the center or be inconsistent in your lining.
Professionals prefer making progress towards the doorway to not step on the steam places. You may follow this process too to have a clean and easy finish, it also helps you move into the next room swiftly. Sometimes, it may be important to run over the same line twice to make a thorough finish.
Step 6: Leave the Carpet to Dry: While steam cleaning doesn’t leave many moistures behind, it is incredibly important to let the carpet dry up to 12 hours, as this makes entire evaporation. You can employ table fans to reduce drying time to 5 or 7 hours, similarly, you could open up windows too.
Steam cleaning is one of the best ways you can bring back the lost beauty of your floor, and with these tips above. You will do well all alone without any professional support.