Know Your Data
Do you know your data thoroughly? The protection, business, and access before you make the move.
Few essential questions you should think about when considering your Office 365 Cloud Migration strategy:
- Is it reasonable to move all of your data, information, and files, or leave the unnecessary behind?
- Once you build a plan that defines what should be transferred to Office 365, how are you going to find the folders and files that fit the criteria?
- What organizational responsibilities that presently happen onsite will be influenced by migrating to Office 365?
- Access auditing
- Data loss prevention
- Disaster recovery
- Permissions control
- Would you hold the suitable level of controls on Office 365 to handle and guard your data?
- Are you going to face any added agreement terms and conditions?
It is essential to note that only Enterprise E3 and E4 Office 365 Plans allow unlimited archive storage portions and legal grip and capabilities. Until then, if you want to perform complicated searches for discovering or compliance purposes, you will require a third-party resolution.
Migrating Your Data
Moving your entire data can be challenging, especially for businesses that operate on a hybrid on-premises deployment and cloud-based users like a Cloud Desktop Service. Hybrid deployments enable you to transfer some data to the cloud while having the ability to support internal servers and systems, assure compliant environments, and much more.
- Will users in both of your systems can share a common directory while transferring?
On-premises servers may need third-party software or tools to handle Office 365: hybrid deployments need essentials as well.
- How do the users utilize or access data? What changes will it make? How will it impact the users?
- Will you require added cloud apps to handle the migration and maintenance of the new servers?
- Have you lately evaluated access activity, permissions audits, and classification of the content?
- How will you assure that only the appropriate people will have secure access to all the sensitive information and data in Office 365?
- If already using Office then how can you perform tenant to tenant Office 365 migration.
Planning Out Your Infrastructure
Office 365 needs Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Azure Active Directory, and AD Synchronization appliance (DirSync). If you need to sync with a supplementary LDAP directory or have greater than one AD server, you will require a dedicated deployment of Forefront Identity manager 2010 R2. Based on the features of your current infrastructure, you will need to plan out which third-party solutions fit properly for integration as well.
How can you be certain about your confidential data and sensitive information are safe and protected? Office 365 does not give any advanced threat security for specifically targeted attacks, neither local surveillance benefit for monitoring interactions nor access activity any activity happening in the organization. App management, software updates, backup, and data recovery are regulated only by Microsoft: you will require some other suitable backup solution.
- Do you have a plan for disaster recovery? A response plan for threats and attacks?
- Do you know all the risks linked with storing regulated and restricted data?
- Is Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistance accessible to you locally?
- Will you require to reassemble the permissions structure again?
Apps4Rent provides the best services for Hosting services like Virtual Dedicated Server Hosting and email migration assistance, and much more!