What Is The Meaning Of Advise?
The meaning of the term advise is that it is an offer suggestion about the best course of action to someone. To inform someone about a fact or situation in a formal or official way can also be termed as the advise. The term advice can also be synonymous to other words such as counsel, guide, illuminate, educate, suggest, recommend, inform, notify, forewarn, etc.
For example, if you advise someone to do something, you tell them what you think they should do. To give advise to someone is good. So, their confusion is gone and they can too get to any final decision. But, if someone is asking you for advise it means they trust you and have faith in you. So, first, you think about the consequences that would happen after taking such a decision and then come to the point and then give them advise, for their goodness and bright future ahead.
The term advise can be any kind of advise. For example, any advise given by your friend, your parents, your teachers, or anyone else. Even if, you visit a doctor and he/she gives you the prescription or health maintaining diet then it can also be considered as the advise.
Examples Of Using The Word Advise Are:
- I would also advise you to take a good waterproof coat and some thigh footwear.
- The police advise you not to stop if they wave you down in the middle of the night but rather race past them and drive to your nearest police station.
- They advise prospective investors to deal only with well-respected jewelers and dealers who have been in the profession for a long time.
- Advise the students of safety problems and of the probability of chemical stains.
- We need physicians and food-and-drug controllers to advise us, up to a point.
- During the Dujail trial, he altered back and forth to Baghdad to advise judges and lawyers.
- Advise your children that they are not to give out their full name, address, or phone to anyone else.
- We attentively advise the Culture Secretary not to put her shirt on it.
- Stallholders will be only too happy to advise shoppers who are unknown with the goods on offer and to offer them samples to help them determine what to buy.
- Besides perfecting table manners, these sometimes wait-listed courses advise youngsters on how to shake hands, be well-mannered on the phone, and write thank-you notes.
What Is The Full Meaning Of Advise?
: to give information or notice to : inform. advise them of their rights. intransitive verb. : to give a recommendation about what should be done. advise on legal matters.
What Does Advise Mean In A Sentence?
To advise is to suggest what should be done, to recommend, or to give information to someone. In other words, to advise means to give advice. For example, here are a couple of examples of advise in a sentence: The lawyer advised the client not to sign anything that she did not read first.
What Is The Difference Between Advice & Advise?
The main difference between advice vs advise is that “advise” (with an S) is a verb, which means to recommend, or to give information to someone. On the other hand, “advice” (with a C) is a noun: an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action. Read below how you can use them in a sentence.
What Does It Mean To Advise On Something?
2[intransitive, transitive] to give someone help and information on a subject that you know a lot about advise (somebody) on/about something/about doing something We employ an expert to advise on new technology.
Does Advise Mean Let Me Know?
“Please advise” is on the formal side. In fact, it sounds a bit stuffy and old-fashioned. If you want alternatives for “please advise” that work in a more modern, casual workplace, try these synonyms: Let me know.