What Is Meaning Of Abandoned?
What Is Meaning Of Abandoned?
The meaning of abandoned refers to having been deserted or left or left in a particular place or condition, usually forever.
The meaning of abandoned also means to give up or put an end to any further interest in something because of discouragement, weariness, dislike, or the like. The definition of abandoned includes giving up to the control or influence of another person or agent; to withdraw protection, support, or help from; to give (oneself) over unrestrainedly.
Synonyms of Abandoned:
- give up
Examples Of Using The Word Abandon Are:
- During this time, Muhammad in Mecca sermonized to the people, entreating them to abandon polytheism and to adoration one God.
- Abandon the inclined settlements, keep the calculated bits and verbatim construct a wall around the residue.
- They then moved north to Varna in June, appearing just in time for the Russians to abandon Silistra.
- The historian Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus informs us the critical points had almost convinced Nero to abandon Britain.
- They wagered with as much careless abandon as they flew their airplanes. They knew they might purchase the farm tomorrow.
- These enduring speakers spoke Yuchi easily before they went to school and have continued the language despite strong force to abandon it.
- Tresham managed to persuade the pair that he had not written the letter but advised them to abandon the plot.
- All rational beings pursue benefit and shun harm on their own account but self-supporting choice allows them to abandon bounds forced by justice.
- First, individuals are more likely to abandon incorrect beliefs if they are busy in an open exchange of plans.
- After three declined marriages I discerned that I may have been woofing up the wrong tree and should abandon the fodder for the perfect wife.
What Is Another Meaning Of Abandoned?
Some common synonyms of abandon are relinquish, resign, surrender, waive, and yield. While all these words mean “to give up completely,” abandon stresses finality and completeness in giving up. abandoned all hope.
What Means Abandoned Person?
If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so. He claimed that his parents had abandoned him. [ VERB noun]
What Are Examples Of Abandoned?
to leave a place, thing, or person, usually forever: We had to abandon the car. By the time the rebel troops arrived, the village had already been abandoned. As a baby he was abandoned by his mother.
What Means Abandoned Yourself?
: to allow oneself to be fully controlled or affected by (something, such as a strong emotion) He abandoned himself to despair.
What Does Abandonment Of A Person Mean?
an act or instance of leaving a person or thing permanently and completely:He struggles to deal with his abandonment by his wife, and now having to care for their infant alone.