Find The Meaning Of Addiction?
What Is Meaning Of Addiction?
The Meaning Of Addiction In English,
The meaning of the term addiction is that it is the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity. An inability to stop doing or using something, especially something harmful can also be termed as addiction. Generally, addiction is a brain disorder characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli despite adverse consequences.
Habitually, addiction is ungroomed of the brain’s recompense system which comes through transcriptional and epigenetic mechanisms and flourishes over time from chronically high levels of revelation to an addictive stimulus. For example, eating food, the use of cocaine, engagement in sexual activity, participation in high-thrill cultural activities such as gambling, etc.
There are various kinds of addictions to which most of the people are addicted such as alcoholism, cocaine addiction, nicotine addiction, opioid addiction, sexual addiction, marijuana addiction, amphetamine addiction, etc. There are a number of genetic and environmental risk factors for developing an addiction, that varies across the population.
Medical researchers who regularly study addiction have denounced the DSM classification of addiction for being incorrect and includes arbitrary diagnostic criteria. There are also some ways for the treatment of addiction such as vaccines that utilize anti-drug monoclonal antibodies that can mitigate drug-induced positive reinforcement by preventing the drug from moving across the blood-brain barrier.
What Are The Synonyms Of Addiction?
Synonyms Of Addiction Are:
What Are The Antonyms Of Addiction?
Antonyms Of Addiction Are:
What Are The Related Words Of Addiction?
Related Words Of Addiction Are:
- drug addiction
What Is The Noun Form Of Addiction?
Noun Form Of Addiction Is:
What Is The Verb Form Of Addiction?
Verb Form Of Addiction Is:
What Is The Adjective Of Addiction?
Adjective Of Addiction Is:
Examples Of Using The Word Addiction Are:
- Because of our busy yet desk-bound lifestyles, there is an increasing addiction to snacks and fast foods which are very high in trans-fatty acids.
- Around the 30 minute mark on the nose, we swerve off into ibogaine as an addiction cure.
- This then traps the users into a world of addiction, which is very difficult to get rid of.
- She was uneasy about her drug addiction and aspired to do something about it.
- According to researchers, gender differences play a vital role in drug abuse and addiction.
- Possibly it was his advanced addiction to hair tonic that was killing the spirit around this band, but whatever it is, the mojo’s gone.
- Their ambition is to continue their addiction fairly and get it under control, without letting it control them.
- Regardless of class, drug addiction devastates and cheapens a person and obliterates families.
- Before determining the implications of these behaviors, the next portion briefly overviews the concept of Internet addiction more commonly.
- Still, the film is worth watching for its caustic humor and the brutally honest look of addiction.
- I will go straight to the depth of the matter and talk about addiction and substance abuse.
What Are The Two Types Of Addiction?
Today, most experts recognize two types of addiction:
- Chemical addiction. This refers to addiction that involves the use of substances.
- Behavioral addiction. This refers to addiction that involves compulsive behaviors. These are persistent, repeated behaviors that you carry out even if they don’t offer any real benefit.
You were searching for the meaning of Addiction
I hope you had got the meaning of Addiction with synonyms and antonyms.
I Hope All Queries Covered In This Post Like
What is the Meaning of Addiction In English?
What is meant By Addiction?
What Does Addiction mean?