What Is The Meaning of Abdomen?
The meaning of abdomen is the part of the body of a vertebrate containing the digestive and reproductive organs. In simpler words abdomen can also be defined as the belly, gut, middle, stomach, tummy, etc. The word abdomen in terms of zoology can also be defined as the hinder part of the body of an arthropod, especially the segments of an insect’s body behind the thorax. The abdomen is located between the thorax(chest) and pelvis in humans and other vertebrates. The region which is occupied by the abdomen is called the abdominal cavity. In humans, the abdomen stretches from the thoracic diaphragm to pelvic brim, where the pelvic brim is the edge of the pelvic inlet.
Abdomen, in other words, can also be defined as the lower part of a person or animal body, containing the stomach, bowels, and other organs, or the end of an insect’s body. The diaphragm forms the upper surface of the abdomen and at the level of pelvic bones the abdomen ends and the pelvis begins. The abdomen contains all the digestive parts of the body such as stomach, small and large intestine, pancreas, liver, and gallbladder. Also, many important blood vessels travel through the abdomen.
See This Also: What Is The Meaning Of TBH? Find Out Meaning Of TBH.
Examples Of Using The Word Abdomen Are:
- Place your hand on your abdomen just beneath your breastbone and take a deep breath.
- Fat was removed from the thorax and abdomen for 4 h with decaying chloroform in Soxhlet materials.
- The transverse abdominis is comprised of muscle fibers that run horizontally around the abdomen.
- The beast grunted irritably and kicked its hooves across the unfortunate goblin’s abdomen.
- Slimmers, abdomen reduction belts, treadmills, and fitness instruments are up for sale at a few stalls.
- In children, the abdomen can become bulged and bloated and medical attention should be sought rapidly.
- Computerized tomography of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis did not show any malignancy masses or lymphitis.
- If you want to lose weight from your tummy, a substitute may be a tummy tuck, where excess fat and skin is extracted from the abdomen.
- The eventration is compressed back through the gap into its appropriate place inside the abdomen and the gap is then closed with basting.
- It’s the female black widow spider that is poisonous and displays a threatening red dot on her abdomen.
- The surgeons donned sterile gloves and then tapped the sailor’s lower abdomen examining the full bladder.