What Is The Meaning Of Ablaze?
The meaning of ablaze is burning fiercely. The term ablaze in simpler words can also be explained as the person filled with anger or another strong emotion. The term ablaze can also be replaced by other words such as alight, aflame, blazing, flaming, fiery, etc. We can also say that something that is ablaze is burning very fiercely. The term ablaze can also be defined as something colored very brightly or is lightened. We can also understand the term ablaze more clearly by using the term in the sentences.
For example, once your campfire is ablaze, you can even toast marshmallows over it or her lips were ablaze with red lipstick, etc. To “set something at ablaze “means to start something burning. Burning strongly with a lot of flames can also be defined as ablaze. To ablaze something means to make something lighten or glow. Anything that lightens can be termed as ablaze. Ablaze can also be defined in terms of human behavior, which means the person filled with the very strong emotion of something like anger, crying, laughing, happy, panic, etc. can also be termed as ablaze. For example, the face of a new mother who is grinning from ear to ear with happiness as she looks at her new baby.
Examples Of Using The Word Ablaze Are:
- The night-time skyline of downtown San Francisco appeared nearly as ablaze as ever as the weekend initiated.
- Shortly the leaves will turn and the ground will be ablaze with autumn’s botanical fire.
- Within a few seconds, the classroom was ablaze and flames started licking towards the roof and windows.
- Observe the gleam of the soldiers’ swords by the light of the torches utilized for brightness and setting villages ablaze.
- Ten minutes later, one appliance went to a cooker ablaze in Fairclough Avenue but that had been put out before they came.
- Many motoring magazines are to blame for this fairly recent phenomenon of lights abuse, revealing road tests of new cars with all lights ablaze.
- Lee awoke in the early hours of the morning to find the front of his house ablaze with savage flames lapping against the bedroom window.
- Police trust dissidents intentionally set the car ablaze in the knowledge that someone would contact the emergency services.
- Heart ablaze and head-blowing clouds of smoke, the mail train thundered into the platform and ground to a stop.
- You are ablaze with merry self-assurance and passionate about attaining your aims.
- Hotel staff has told Scotland on Sunday that the man can be looked with matches knowingly setting the curtain ablaze.
What Type Of Word Is Ablaze?
ABLAZE (adjective) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
How Do You Use Ablaze In A Sentence?
The house was ablaze. Lightning set the building ablaze.
What Is The Synonym Of Ablaze?
being on fire the entire block was ablaze by the time firefighters arrived. Synonyms & Similar Words. Relevance. burning. flaming.
What Is The Root Word Of Ablaze?
The word dates from the 14th century, and it combines the prefix a-, which here means “on,” and blaze, or “flame,” from the Old English blæse, “torch, flame, firebrand, or lamp.”
What Does Ablaze With Anger Mean?
full of strong emotion or excitement
ablaze (with something) full of strong emotion or excitement He turned to her, his eyes ablaze with anger.
What Word Means Flaming Or Ablaze?
On this page you’ll find 66 synonyms, antonyms, and words related to ablaze, such as: afire, aflame, alight, blazing, burning, and conflagrant.