What Is The Meaning Of Abstract?
The meaning of the term abstract is existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence. In simpler words to extract or remove something can also be termed as abstract. The term abstract can also be defined as, relating to or denoting art that does not attempt to represent external reality, but rather seeks to achieve its effect using shapes, colors, and textures. The term abstract can also get replaced by other similar words such as theoretical, conceptual, non-representational, symbolic, metaphysical, philosophical, etc.
The term abstract is derived from the Latin word, which means “pulled away, detached” and gives the basic idea of something detached from physical, or concrete, reality. The abstract is the term that can also be abbreviated with various words such as abstract art, abstract noun, etc. The abstract noun is a noun denoting an idea, quality, or state rather than a concrete object. For example, truth, danger, happiness, etc. In simpler words, we can also say that abstract nouns are words that name things that are not concrete. Like, your five physical senses cannot detect an abstract noun. In the extract, an abstract noun is a class, a concept, an idea, or possibly even an event.
Examples Of Using The Word Abstract Are:
- The two artists are very good at fault, abstract manipulations, here without contrition and full of ingenuity.
- And if it isn’t going to hurt any particular marriage, it isn’t going to hurt marriage in the abstract.
- It’s an attractive work of abstract color and texture, of comparing dark and light.
- I have a strong intuition that generals are always better in the abstract than in reality.
- Still, people appear to be more unrealistic of free speech in the abstract than in specific occasions.
- Your paper is in approval of home rule in the abstract but never, it appears in the actual rehearsal.
- And that’s surely a good idea, at least in the abstract and as a general affair.
- Some of the non-English articles offered an English abstract, while others did not.
- I knew that I required to abstract what I wanted from the general uncertainty and the disorder of the scene.
- Her utilization of abstract effects in the service of presentation is noticeable and makes her art complex.
- What makes the humanities chief is that they take the regions where we have insufficient information and try to abstract useful principles from it.
What Is The True Meaning Of Abstract?
abstract. adjective (ˈæbstrækt) having no reference to material objects or specific examples; not concrete. not applied or practical; theoretical. hard to understand; recondite; abstruse.
What Is Abstract Definition And Example?
: relating to or involving general ideas or qualities rather than specific people, objects, or actions. abstract thinking. abstract ideas/concepts such as love and hate. “Honesty” is an abstract word. The word “poem” is concrete, the word “poetry” is abstract.
Why Does Abstract Mean?
Abstract is from a Latin word meaning “pulled away, detached,” and the basic idea is of something detached from physical, or concrete, reality. It is frequently used of ideas, meaning that they don’t have a clear applicability to real life, and of art, meaning that it doesn’t pictorially represent reality.
What Is The Meaning Abstract Thinking?
Abstract thinking is the ability to understand concepts that are real, such as freedom or vulnerability, but which are not directly tied to concrete physical objects and experiences. Abstract thinking is the ability to absorb information from our senses and make connections to the wider world.
What Is A Good Example Of Abstract?
“Introduction: Study skills and students’ satisfaction with their performance positively affect their academic achievement. The current research was carried out to investigate the correlation of study skills with academic achievement among the medical and pharmacy students in 2013.