What Is The Meaning Of Acid Test?
The meaning of acid test is that it is a conclusive test of the success or value of something. In simpler words, we can also say that the true test of the value of something is known as the acid test. If in the scientific or metallurgical test the acid is used, then it is also called as an acid test. The word “Acid Test” also has its historical meaning rather than scientific meaning. The acid test was the series of parties held by the author Ken Kesey primarily in the San Francisco Bay Area during the mid-1960s century entirely on the use of, and support of, the hallucinatory drug LSD, also known as “Acid”.
The name “Acid Test” was coined by the author Ken Kesey, after the term “acid test” used by the gold miners in the 1850s. The thing whichever provides the conclusive confirmation about something that whether it’s true or false, good or bad, right or wrong, effective or ineffective, is called the “acid test”. it is not actually the “test” but something which gives such conclusive confirmation about something. The term acid test is also sometimes used more specifically in business as in the “acid test ratio”.
See This Also: What Is The Meaning Of Aeon? Find Out Meaning Of Aeon.
Examples Of Using The Word Acid Test Are:
- When you relate the acid test of worth for money, hardly any make the grade.
- The acid test ratio is the same as to the current ratio but removes the inventory figure in the current benefit section of the balance sheet.
- And that, according to any number of people here, is the acid test of the world’s new-found resolution to stamp out doing.
- The acid test of social democracy is a respite because if you are out of work you are far more likely to be poor and criticized.
- Opened as it is to the acid test of capitalism, subjected as it is to the excesses of materialism, the fortress of culture appears to be crumbling fast.
- The obligation ceiling vote will be something close to an acid test that this budget allocates represents a concludes fire in the budget wars.
- But I think this is the acid test for whether or not you’re shy.
- Marshalls will guide the second of three Acid Test events methodical by Business in the Community.
- After five years of decentralization surely the acid test is to ask in what ways is life in Scotland dissimilar now from what it would have been had we not had our own parliament.