What Is The Meaning Of Admit?
What Is The Meaning Of Admit?
The meaning of the term admit is, to confess to be true or to be the case. In other words, we can also define the term admit as, to agree that something is true, especially unwillingly. To accept that you have failed and to give up can also be termed as admit. The term admit can also be replaced with other synonymous words such as acknowledge, confess, reveal, disclose, leak, profess, etc.
In simpler and shorter words, we can also define the term admit as to agree on the mistake you have done. The term admit is also known as confessing. You can understand more clearly the word admit by making the use of the word in the sentence. For example, whether we want to admit it or not, we all wish everyone would like us.
To admit something that you have did wrong feels very light to you too. So, you should always keep that courage before doing something wrong, that you should also hold the potential to admit it.
Admit can also be termed as someone who is admitted to the hospital. It can be defined in medical terms. If any person is ill or not feeling good or is suffering from any disease, he gets “admitted” in the hospital for the treatment.
Examples Of Using The Word Admit Are:
- He desired to get close to her but didn’t desire to admit his unreturned feelings.
- He is fast to admit that he is not a very extrovert person but assembling people and trying to accept them comes commonly to him.
- Even a Corporation administrator admits that roads and drains have been built illogically.
- It was six months previously mine caught up with me and when I was too busy being a boulevardier I have to admit I was wistful.
- Lash a few beers into them nevertheless and they become braggers of the tallest order and will admit and admit to the crimes they have performed.
- I must admit I don’t have a good explanation for this situation and it’s thwarting.
- I admit that I have had my fair share of ups and downs over the past six years.
- When forced to return a bit more, he had to admit that he didn’t much like his next-door adjacent.
- The first, necessary step towards solving an issue is to admit that it exists.
- Some of them admit they’re frightened that social justice warriors will destroy video games.
- I’ll admit, I think it’s often overemphasized greatly for that purpose, but such exaggeration doesn’t invalidate its existence.
What Is Similar To Admit?
synonyms for admit
Does Admit Mean Accepted?
Admit. If you receive a fat envelope in the mail with an admit decision, congratulations – you’ve been accepted to the university! This is a no-strings-attached decision, meaning you don’t need to meet any additional requirements or submit any additional information.
What Is The Meaning Of The Word Admit?
ad·mit. admitted; admitting. transitive verb. : to concede as true or valid : make an admission of. : to allow to be entered or offered.
What Is An Example Sentence For Admit To?
Don’t be afraid to admit to your mistakes. 2. She didn’t have the courage to admit to her deception.
What Is To Admit Or Confess?
: to tell or make known (something, such as something wrong or damaging to oneself) : admit. he confessed his guilt. : to acknowledge (sin) to God or to a priest. : to receive the confession of (a penitent).