What Is The Meaning Of Hiked?
What Is The Meaning Of Hiked?
The meaning of the term hiked is, to walk for a long distance, especially across the country. A long walk, especially in the country is also meant as hiked. You can also say that a hiked is a long walk in the country, especially one that you go on for pleasure. The other words which can be synonymous with the term hiked are walking, trek, tramp, traipse, slog, footslog, plod, march, etc.
Thru-hiking or through-hiking is also a type of hiking which is, to hike an entrenched point-to-point large-distance trudge with constant footfalls and finishing it within one year. Whereas, the section hiking, on the other hand, refers to hiking a trail one section at a time, without continuity and not necessarily in sequence with the other sections or within one hiking season.
Thru-hiking or through-hiking a trail is a long and difficult journey. Many people prefer to go for a thru-hiking rather than section hiking(completing it piece by piece often over many years).
Most of the people ask that, is hiking similar to trekking?. So, the answer is no. The crucial difference between both is that hiking is largely practiced by walking on durable trails and man-made roads, while the trekking more meticulous and tests one’s physical ability, endurance, and also their mental or psychological capacity.
Examples Of Using The Word Hiked Are:
- When the sky transformed a deep purple with orange and red slashes, we abseiled down, packed up and hiked to the car in the dark.
- I’d hiked in the Adirondaks, stood on Pacific beaches, spent hours under the Southern snow of magnolias and cornel.
- But to confirm her terrors, some companies have hiked prices, successfully passing on the education tax to customers.
- The name sounds like it applies to an old guy who has pants hiked up to his neck and a big shaggy unibrow.
- The brave one and his noble colt hiked up to the hill where the tower was.
- Her skirt was hiked up so far most of her underwear was clear, and her shirt was half torn.
- The formal deadline for fans to take advantage of the discount offer before prices are hiked up is Monday.
- Dale had observed that as she’d begun speaking she’d hiked her skirt up a little.
- Paula’s dress was hiked up and Brandon had his hands all over her well-proportioned thighs.
- Why, my skirt was hiked up one or two inches, revealing most of my thighs.
- She hiked up her skirt and put her thumbs into her panty pipe, yanked and wriggled.
What Does The Word Hiked Mean?
- : a long walk especially for pleasure or exercise see also take a hike. : an increase especially in quantity or amount.
What Is A Sentence For Hiked?
I hiked up the path, all the way to the reservoir. She hiked it up and Felipa rolled her eyes. They hiked around a clump of cedar and then they were there.
What Is The Meaning Of Hiked Up?
(idiomatic, transitive) To raise or increase sharply; to hike. They tried to make more money by putting lots of salt in the popcorn and hiking up the price of drinks.
What Happens When You Hike?
Going up and down hills gets the heart pumping, creating a great cardio workout. Like most cardio exercises, hiking helps reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and even some cancers. Hiking is a weight-bearing exercise, which builds muscle mass and helps prevent osteoporosis.
What Does Hiked Mean In Economy?
A hike is a sudden or large increase in prices, rates, taxes, or quantities. [informal] …a sudden 1.75 per cent hike in interest rates. His economic plan, with its tax hikes and spending cuts, will slow the economy.