What Is Meaning Of Acquisition?
What Is Meaning Of Acquisition?
The meaning of the term acquisition is that it is an asset or object bought or obtained, typically by a library or museum. The learning or developing of a skill, habit, or quality can also be termed as an acquisition. In a simpler definition, you can also define the term acquisition as the process of getting something or something that someone buys often to add to a collection of things.
An acquisition can also be defined in terms of business such as the acquisition is a process when one company purchases most or all of another company’s shares to gain control of that company. The reasons for the acquisition of other companies include various purposes such as a growth strategy, a way to enter a foreign market.
to reduce excess capacity and decrease competition, to gain new technology, they may seek economies of scale, diversification, greater market share, increased synergy, cost reductions, or new niche offerings.
Even if a firm buys more than 50 of a target company’s shares, then it effectively gains control of that company. In simpler words, if a company or business person makes an acquisition, they buy another company or part of a company.
Examples Of Using The Word Acquisition Are:
- We found that early correct articulation of complicate speech sounds in words at 2.5 years of age forecasts early reading acquisition.
- Our graphs will, therefore, be of acquisition, maintenance, and interconnected surroundings.
- A partnership executive takes care of all the fuss, all part-owners have to do is reward their money and speed on their acquisition on race-day.
- The value, in impact, has been amends of the price paid for the acquisition of the shares in the first place.
- Farmers are worried that the land acquisition of smallholdings will decrease the value of their farms.
- Institutional review board acceptance for this study was acquired before the start of data acquisition.
- If that leasehold wants to go through the middle of my lease, which gives me two pastoral leases, there is no mandatory acquisition.
- A commonly received measure of skill acquisition is the ownership of a post-secondary school modification.
- These delicacies more times than not are simply additional education and skill acquisition.
- Another main mechanism of expertise acquisition noticed in this study was a growth in the organization at carrying out a solution.
- More than solely improving the Museum’s assemblage, the Gilman acquisition changes it.
What Does Acquisition Mean In Business?
A business acquisition occurs when one company (the acquirer) buys most or all shares in another company (the target) to assume control of its assets and operations. Acquisitions are often amicable, meaning both companies are on-board with and negotiate the terms of the transaction.
What Is Acquisition And Example?
What is an acquisition? An acquisition is a transaction whereby companies, organizations, and/or their assets are acquired for some consideration by another company. Some examples of acquisitions include: Google’s $50 million acquisition of Android in 2005. Pfizer’s $90 billion acquisition of Warner-Lambert in 2000.
Is Acquisition The Same As Purchase?
Web dictionaries use these terms synonymously. Acquire = “buy or obtain (an object or asset) for oneself.” Purchase = “acquire (something) by paying for it; buy.”
What Are Different Types Of Acquisition?
There are four main types of acquisitions based on the relationship between the buyer and seller: horizontal, vertical, conglomerate, and congeneric.
What Is The Most Common Type Of Acquisition?
One of the most common types of acquisitions is the vertical model. In this case, a company buys another that falls in a different place on the supply chain.