What Is Meaning Of Adequate?
What Is Meaning Of Adequate?
The meaning of the term adequate is, satisfactory or acceptable in quality or quantity. The other words which may be synonymous with the term adequate can be sufficient, enough, requisite, suitable, appropriate, acceptable, etc. The word adequate is derived from the Latin word “adequate”, which means to make equal to. For example, if something is adequate, there is enough of it or it is good enough to be used or accepted.
You can understand more clearly the term adequate by making the use of the word in a sentence. For example, we agreed the set up was adequate and thanked him for his efforts or most days were blessed by a sun that warmed you enough that a couple of heavy sweaters were more than adequate outerwear, etc.
In simpler words, you can say that something that is enough for you is termed as adequate. Most people also question, “what is the meaning of mildly adequate”?. So, something that is good as well as necessary to fulfill our requirements is called as mildly adequate. For example, the car is adequate for our needs or adequate food for fifty people, etc. The things we get in an adequate form are the things we are sufficient with.
Examples Of Using The Word Adequate Are:
- Magistrates lessened jurisdiction of the case because they felt their ability of punishment would not be adequate if the men were found culpable.
- Now, the Janus-faced posing of post-Grimond Liberalism is no extensive adequate.
- Many of the pills are manufactured without adequate quality control, although the pills and the packaging can look to be the same.
- Have you got adequate estimates in place for you and your employees to allocate with the heat?
- You can choose to use a joystick or keyboard but the default is using a mouse and I found it more than adequate in grasping the game’s action.
- If you only go abroad once a year then a single-trip scheme should be adequate.
- The quarrel was that the Judge had not given adequate causes for his unfavorable findings.
- We are strenuous on the failure of the confidence to give the school fair care and adequate bear.
- It also needs there to be adequate legroom for workers to work adequately.
- They should give us an adequate decline and recycling units, then many would recycle.
- He does not contemplate this to be an adequate cause for not claiming asylum on coming at the airport.
- These times may not be adequate to allow the red cells to offer a sufficiently fast delivery of oxygen in broadly bleeding patients.
Why Does Adequate Mean?
as much or as good as necessary for some requirement or purpose; fully sufficient, suitable, or fit (often followed by to or for): This car is adequate to our needs. They’ll provide adequate food for fifty people.
What Is An Example Of Adequate?
The school lunch should be adequate to meet the nutritional needs of growing children. The machine does an adequate job. The tent should provide adequate protection from the elements. The quality of his work was perfectly adequate.
What Does Adequately Mean In Simple Terms?
adverb. in a way that is sufficient, suitable, effective, or appropriate: The professor’s vague response failed to adequately answer our questions.
Does Adequate Mean Enough?
When you want to say that something is enough or good enough for a particular need, use the adjective adequate. You might have an adequate amount of flour for a batch of pancakes, but not a lot extra. Adequate can also describe something that is acceptable or satisfactory, but not any better than that.
Click here – Probiotics: Food Vs. Supplements