What Is Meaning Of Affirmation?
The meaning of the term affirmation is the action or process of affirming something. In other words, you can also define affirmation as emotional support or encouragement. To publicly show your support for an opinion or idea can also be defined as affirmation.
The other words which can be synonymous with affirmation can be stated as, assertion, proclamation, assurance, pronouncement, statement, etc. While, the antonyms can be stated as denial, refutation, rejection, abandonment, nullification, refusal, demurrer, etc.
You can also understand more clearly the meaning of affirmation by making the use of the word in the sentence. Some of the examples can be given as, the deal was closed with a solemn affirmation instead of an oath, affirmation of the existence of God, the parties are sometimes required to take an oath or make an affirmation, there is an affirmation of divine fiat or instantaneous creation, etc.
It would be very amazing as well as interesting for you all to know that, the term affirmation originally comes from the Old French afermacion, from Latin affirmare, meaning “to assert”. You can also give the meaning of affirmation as a declaration that something is true.
Examples Of Using The Word Affirmation Are:
- As her correspondence specifies, Hurston consulted with Boas frequently, pursuing his advice and affirmation.
- Inclining in affirmation, Ex led her away from the pack and into the group of bodies squirming on the dance floor.
- In both situations, testimony functions as a public affirmation of participation in the church society.
- He is too fearful and vacillating about his own faith to provide an untrammeled affirmation of it.
- In a remarkable affirmation of the artistic impulse, they made beauty out of famine, and that, at least, is a triumph.
- It’s truly a joyful piece, replacing the vocalists’ rage and rediverting it to become almost an affirmation of life.
- By utilizing an affirmation, you are trying to shift yourself so that you can do or be something even though your mind doesn’t believe it yet.
- What might appear like skepticism ends up as affirmation because of the poet’s commitment to honor?
- The other guard inclined in affirmation and began to head down forward to the bathroom.
- Each person appears as confined within his or her own private bubble, in constant need of affirmation and identification.
- They did this in various manners, an example being the speculation in university education and the social affirmation that went with it.
What Is An Example Of Affirmation?
I am confident. I am powerful. I am strong. I am getting better and better every day.
What Does Affirm Mean Bible?
See Firm.] 1. To assert positively; to tell with confidence; to aver; to declare the existence of something; to maintain as true; opposed to deny. Of one Jesus whom Paul affirmed to be alive. Acts 25:19.
What Are 4 Affirmations?
Ask students to write or think of a four-word affirmation. Consider brainstorming examples together (“I can do this”, “I can do division”, “I’ll try my best”, “I am loved today”, “I believe in me”, “Today will be awesome”, “I am God’s child”, “God is with me”, “I am not alone”, “I am really brave”).
What Makes A Good Affirmation?
It’s important to remember that affirmations must be realistic in order for you to internalise them and believe they can happen. “Affirmations only work if they’re actually achievable,” says Sally. “If you truly don’t believe them, the more hesitant you will be to keep repeating them.”
What Did Jesus Say About Affirmation?
Affirm Others As God Grants You The Ability. Hebrews 3:13, NIV But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. Ephesians 4:32, ESV Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.