What Is The Meaning Of Affect?
The meaning of the term affect is, to have an effect on or to make a difference. In other words, you can also define affect as to touch the feelings of or to move emotionally. In simpler words, you can also state the meaning of affect as to have an influence on someone or something, or to cause a change in someone or something.
Some of the other words which can be synonymous with the term affect can also be given as influence, touch, condition, attack, infect, upset, trouble, damage, hurt, agitate, etc. While the antonyms can also be given as upset, devastate, damage, perturb, stir, etc.
You can also understand more clearly the meaning of affect by making the use of the term in the sentence. Some of the examples can be stated as, I pulled out a pad and pencil for affect, it wasn’t possible that it could affect their life together, it would be nice if I could make the decisions that affect my future for once, etc.
The word affect has been originally derived from Middle English affecten, from Latin affectare, from Latin affectus, the participle stem of Latin afficere, which means to act upon, influence, affect, attack with the disease.
Click here – What Is Meaning Of Affirmation? Find Out Meaning Of Affirmation.
Examples Of Using The Word Affect Are:
- Fusion, or the adding of the new way into another, has continued to affect blocking.
- As with all coastlines, this increase in water levels is forecasted to negatively affect salt marshes, by flooding and abrading them.
- Noise levels from working wind turbines are low and unlikely to affect porpoises, even at close range.
- Contamination may affect a human, a place, an animal, or an object such as cloths.
- Dry spells affect water supply in Southern Spain, which rising is turning towards seawater desalting to meet its water requirements.
- This energy is dispersed around the globe by winds, ocean currents, and other mechanisms to affect the climates of distinct areas.
- Changes in the chief productivity of autotrophs in the oceans can affect marine food webs.
- Atmospheric force, ocean currents and district ocean temperature transformations can affect LMSL as well.
- However, all these consequences are localized and do not affect the complete estuary or bay.
- Though the problem is most notable with regard to grizzlies, these problems affect the other types of brown bears as well.
- Future climate change is expected to affect specific ecosystems, involving tundra, mangroves, coral reefs, and caves.
What Is Affect Vs Effect?
Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect, on the other hand, is usually a noun that you would use to indicate the result of a change. Because “affect” and “effect” are homophones (words that sound alike), they are often confused.
What Is A Sentence For Affect?
It would affect my daughter greatly, sir, if she heard it. Nor do I particularly affect simple-minded old ladies. Not enough to affect a tape, but enough, I hope, to affect you. The thoughts of a cab-driver, however just, seldom affect the lives of his employers.
What Are The Different Types Of Affect?
There are several types of affect in psychological research: broad, restricted, blunted, flat, and liable. Although these are not the only types of affect, these are the most commonly studied in psychological research.
How Can You Describe Affect?
Examples of descriptors for affect include sad, depressed, anxious, agitated, irritable, angry, elated, expansive, labile, inappropriate, incongruent with content of speech. It is important to describe the patient’s thought processes as distinguished from the thought content.
How Do You Describe A Person’s Affect?
Examples of descriptors for affect include sad, depressed, anxious, agitated, irritable, angry, elated, expansive, labile, inappropriate, incongruent with content of speech.
Click here – What Is The Meaning Of Affable? Find Out Meaning Of Affable.