What Is Meaning Of Aficionado?
The meaning of the term aficionado is that it is a person who is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about an activity, subject, or pastime. You can also say that, if someone is an aficionado of something, they like it and know a lot about it.
Some of the words which can be synonymous with the word aficionado can also be stated as an expert, specialist, devotee, savant, fanatic, cognoscente, connoisseur, etc. Whereas, some of the antonyms can also be given as doubter, skeptic, vocal critic, new blood, noob, celebrity, first-timer, newbie, etc.
You can even understand more clearly about the meaning of aficionado by making the use of the word in the sentence. For example, a wine tasting aficionado, Lynn is convinced that no one has sampled as many different types of vino as she has.
It would be more interesting for you all to know that the term aficionado has been originally derived from the Spanish word “aficionado”, past participle of “aficionar”, which means to inspire affection. You can term anyone you know as an aficionado if he is very interested in and enthusiastic about a particular subject.
In simpler words, you can also give the meaning of aficionado as a person who likes, knows about, and appreciates a usually fervently pursued interest or activity.
Click here – What Is The Meaning Of Afghan? Find Out Meaning Of Afghan.
Examples Of Using The Word Aficionado Are:
- As an aficionado of Mercury is its Neptunian guise, she enjoys exploring mythology and symbol as well as various meditations.
- A career labor advocate, he is also an art aficionado who dresses tastefully if not showily from major fashion labels.
- If you are an aficionado of Spanish wines, the list here will send you into orbit.
- But I can’t help but feel that this is a book written by an aficionado for other aficionados.
- In addition to being a prolific writer and editor, he was a connoisseur of art, an expert on forestry and an aficionado of historic houses.
- Garnished with an array of chutneys and delicious sambar, the end product is simply scrumptious for the food aficionado.
- Perhaps the outstanding characteristic of Aficionado is its almost massive minutiae about everything tauromachian.
- A film aficionado has had it up to here with blood, guts, and gore.
- The finale presto becomes almost a topos to the Persichetti aficionado.
- Each is expertly introduced by Michael Sims, an aficionado of the genre.
What Is An Example Of Aficionado?
If someone is an aficionado of something, they like it and know a lot about it. I happen to be an aficionado of the opera, and I love art museums.
What Is A Good Sentence For Aficionado?
She is an art aficionado and a cake obsessive. True wool aficionados can choose their accessories by breed of sheep. But some opera aficionados are sceptical.
What Is A Simple Sentence For Aficionado?
This coffee is regarded by aficionados as one of the world’s finest. He’s an aficionado of the history of the game.
What’s The Difference Between A Connoisseur And An Aficionado?
Connoisseur seems to be associated with things you taste—cigar, dessert, cocktail, beer, coffee. While wine aficionado and wine enthusiast do show up on those lists, when wine joins with connoisseur, it carries connotations of flavor, rather than just knowledge of vintages and terroir.
What Does Aficionado Mean Female?
a woman who is an ardent devotee; fan; enthusiast. [1950–55; ‹ Sp: fem. of aficionado aficionado]This word is first recorded in the period 1950–55.
Click here – What Is Meaning Of Affectionate? Find Out Meaning Of Affectionate.