What Is Meaning Of Zombie?
What Is Meaning Of Zombie?
The word zombie as a noun refers to a corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, mostly in certain African and Caribbean religions or a cocktail consisting of several kinds of rum, liqueur, and fruit juice. In simple terms, it refers to a frightening creature which is a dead person who has been brought back to life but does not possess human qualities. They are usually attacking creatures often seen as eating human beings. They are terrifying and slow-moving monsters, they even respond in a mechanical or apathetic way.
Features Zombie possesses:
- completely unresponsive
- does not experience consciousness
- capable of movement
- does not possess rational thoughts
- feeds on human flesh
- an eccentric or peculiar person
- not able to think
Origin of Zombies
Zombies originated in the 17th century when West African slaves were brought in to work on Haiti’s sugar cane plantations, where the conditions were quite brutal that led to the horrific plight of slavery, which later created into a zombie.
Synonyms of the word Zombie:
- living dead
- walking dead man
- incorporeal being
- animated corpse
- dead man walking
- sleeping pill
- walking dead
- living corpse
Antonyms of the word Zombie:
- nice person
- friendly person
- good person
- walking encyclopedia
- man of letters
- corporeal being
So, zombies meaning could be termed as living dead who feeds on human flesh who are not able to think properly and rationally.
See This Also: What Is The Meaning Of ABET? Find Out Meaning Of ABET.
Examples Of Using The Word Zombie Are:
- Previously it was fairly insignificant to locate a zombie running on an infected Windows machine, by just detecting the source IP back.
- Will you please swing around like a zombie and spout rubbish in one of the worst fantasy movies ever.
- They kept these kinds of zombie banks alive, well enough not to die but not well enough to actually grant loans.
- Before that, zombie films amounted to cheesy 1930s affected movies about voodoo cults.
- Recall, the longer we live with zombie banks, the harder it will be to end the economic problems.
- Now, you know how I love my zombie movies, so I don’t take discussing such films lightly.
- The zombie genre is one rich in history and it takes a person with honor and admiration for that genre to pull off a good zombie flick.
- He has a vital zombie role in the movie and was preparing for a big-time attack scene later in the shoot.
- They damage everything, from a night out at the pictures to a carefully-planned caper, including a rich Aunt and a rubber zombie mask.
- I made a couple of little girls quiver just by being in my zombie make-up, and that was cool.