What Is The Meaning Of Afar?
The meaning of the term afar can be defined as, at or to a distance. In simpler words, you can also define afar as from or at a great distance. The other words which can be synonymous with afar can be termed as distant, far away, far off, remote, etc, while, some of the antonyms can also be stated as close, near, adjoining, adjacent, nearby, up close, etc.
You can also understand more clearly the meaning of the term afar by making the use of the word in the sentence. Some of the examples can be stated as dean caught her eye from afar and waved a greeting that she acknowledged, it was easier to protect Angel from afar before she knew what he was or faced the dangers he did daily, people came from afar to see the show, etc.
In other words, you can also say that afar can be defined as anything that is far or at a great distance from you. As if, some of your relatives who stay far from you, sometimes if you stay in a hostel then you have to stay far from your parents. So, even that can be termed as afar.
Examples Of Using The Word Afar Are:
- She seemed fabulous from afar in an orange sheath dress with a sexy and complicated back cut-out.
- Looked from afar, the works appear strikingly cold and mannered, even when evoking the differently human creases of flesh.
- It’s the kind of music that is most moving when listened from afar, late at night, in an outdoor amusement park.
- The boy heard some little sound from afar and thought he saw a trip of goats.
- Zamir had to make do with observing incidents from afar, and what he saw was totally disappointing.
- From afar the lean-to towns favored ramshackle collections of matchboxes.
- The hardest buildings to combine within French cities are skyscrapers, as they are detectable from afar.
- From afar, you notice an angled white wall halfway up the slope and a big pebble pine tree above that.
- He could only look the islands from afar, as the poor weather stopped his canoes from landing there.
- Nevertheless, many bishops chose to exercise this office from afar.
- The noble stood afar off or knelt in compliant, acknowledged, infelt inferiority.
- But the huge question, of course, was how closely Russia observed from afar.
What Is Another Word For Afar?
distant. external. far-off. off-lying. out-of-the-way.
How Do You Use Afar In A Sentence?
He loved her from afar (= did not tell her he loved her). Even from afar the castle was most impressive.
What Is Difference Between Far And Afar?
Afar is a poetic and old-fashioned way to say “far away” or “distant.” If your summer visitors have traveled from afar, they’ve come a long way to see you, and if your boyfriend moves to Australia, you might have to continue your relationship from afar.
What Does Love From Afar Mean?
Loving from afar means being in love with someone you cannot be with. This could be because they’re toxic for you or you both know that you’re not good for each other. So, you decide that despite all that love you feel for one another, getting into a relationship isn’t the best decision.
Who Owns Afar Media?
Joseph Diaz – Co-founder – AFAR Media | LinkedIn.
What Language Is AFAR?
Horn of Africa who speak Afar (also known as ‘Afar Af), a language of the Eastern Cushitic branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family. They live in northeastern Ethiopia, southeastern Eritrea, and Djibouti, where, with the Issas, they are the dominant people.