What Is The Meaning Of Affair?
The meaning of the term affair is that it is an event or order of events of a specified sort or that has previously been referred to. You can also define the term affair in terms of love relationships, which is commonly also known as love affairs.
The other words which can be synonymous with an affair can also be given as, event, happening, relationship, circumstance, experience, proceedings, dalliance, attachment, etc. while, some of the antonyms can also be stated as gossip, hobby, fable, stereotype, itinerary, etc.
You can also understand more clearly the meaning of the affair by making the use of the term in the sentences. Some of the examples can also be stated as she was having an affair with her boss, the entire affair was a damn soap opera, mom told me that dad forgave her for her affair with Senor Medena, etc.
In simpler words, you can also give the definition of the term affair as a situation or subject that is being dealt with or considered or can also be defined as a matter or situation that causes strong public feeling, usually of moral disapproval. Even, the love affair can be defined as a romantic and sexual relationship between two people who are not married to each other.
Examples Of Using The Word Affair Are:
- Even though my wife forgave me and gave me another chance, I still continue to see my affair.
- Fleming was married to Ann Charteris, who was separated from the second Viscount Rothermere because of her affair with the writer.
- Thomas spent the last nine or ten days of his fifth tour in New York mostly in the firm of Retell, with whom he had an affair.
- The opening night party was a lavish affair, was visited by six hundred celebrities.
- She later divulges that, as a teenager in Vienna, he had had an affair with a man.
- He awaited his mother’s funeral to be a lonely and sad affair, with nary a soul attending.
- However, Harry had already been born by the time the affair between Hewitt and Diana started.
- The couple divorced in 1964 and separated in 1965 in the wake of the singer’s affair with actor Peter Finch.
- This turned out to be a complex affair, for Sines still belonged to the Order of Santiago.
- The two happened to connect at a party and renew their flirtation, which leads to an affair.
What Is The Most Common Meaning Of Affairs?
: a romantic or passionate attachment typically of limited duration : liaison sense 2b. had an affair with a coworker. : a matter occasioning public anxiety, controversy, or scandal : case.
What Does Affairs Mean Slang?
a sexual relationship between two people who are not married to each other. See also affairs.
What Are Examples Of Affairs?
a sexual relationship, especially a secret one: She’s having an affair with a married man. The book doesn’t make any mention of his love affairs. She discovered (that) her husband was having an affair.
Who Do People Usually Have Affairs With?
About a third of affairs are with someone who’s somewhat well-known, such as a neighbor, co-worker or long-term acquaintance (about 29.4 percent). The rest of affairs occur with casual acquaintances.
Is An Affair Not A Relationship?
Key Difference – Affair vs Relationship
An affair refers to a relationship that is mainly sexual. A relationship, on the other hand, refers to a connection that exists between two people. The key difference between an affair and a relationship is that while an affair is mainly sexual, a relationship is not.