What Is The Meaning Of Affinity?
The meaning of the term affinity is a natural liking for and understanding of someone or something. You can also say that, if you have an affinity with someone or something, you feel that you are similar to them.
The other words which can be synonymous with the term affinity can be stated as, empathy, sympathy, accord, harmony, rapport, connection, relationship, bond, etc. While some of the antonyms can also be given such as antipathy, aversion, dislike, dissimilarity, violence, difference, enmity, repugnance, etc.
You can also understand more clearly the meaning of affinity by making the use of the word in the sentence. Some of the examples can be stated as, you have an affinity for jumping off tall things, Uzbeks and Kirghiz have but small affinity with the Mongol element of Asia, that the sum of the units of the affinity of all the atoms in a compound is an even number, etc.
Most of the people often question that, what is a family of affinity? So, basically, the people with or without blood ties or legal ties, feel they belong together and want to self define themselves as a family. This family of affinity is most commonly created or exists between two people as a conclusion of someone’s marriage.
Click here – What Is The Meaning Of Afloat? Find Out Meaning Of Afloat.
Examples Of Using The Word Affinity Are:
- It’s a difficult business manufacturing a film based on a book that your audience already has a great affinity with.
- His sadly slow healing gives him a greater affinity with his environments.
- An affinity with Britain’s transpiring youth culture is already evident in his debut characteristic It’s Trad, Dad!
- Of course, he was in banishment and did have a great affinity for those sorts of characters, for tramps and drifters and replaced, placeless people.
- My uncle has an affinity for Hawaiian flower print shirts, T-shirts, and Bermuda shorts.
- Parental love is prompted by the child’s close affinity and likeness to her.
- The main executive said the social card was the primary affinity card in India.
- This is due to an affinity to tie to DNA bases, specifically pyrimidine bases.
- And those with an affinity for the laziness, slapstick, and buffoonery of this type of comedy will be turned off by the costumes.
- Their affinity for Beach Boys-like sentimentality is apparent in maudlin lyrics and song subtitles like My First Kiss.
- Despite my obvious affinity with the man, I’m afraid I haven’t been able to achieve a telepathic connection to ask him who he is.
What Meant By Affinity?
/əˈfɪn·ɪ·t̬i/ a close similarity between two things, or an attraction or sympathy for someone or something, esp. because of shared characteristics: [ C ] Many people really feel an affinity for/with dolphins.
What Is An Example Of An Affinity?
a liking or sympathy for someone or something, especially because of shared characteristics: She seems to have a natural affinity for/with water. a close similarity between two things: There are several close affinities between the two paintings.
What Does Affinity Mean In Love?
affinity (countable and uncountable, plural affinities) A natural attraction or feeling of kinship to a person or thing. A family relationship through marriage of a relative (e.g. sister-in-law), as opposed to consanguinity (e.g. sister). A kinsman or kinswoman of a such relationship; one who is affinal.
What Does Affinity Mean Synonyms?
affection, closeness, fondness, leaning, rapport, sympathy, weakness, kinship, resemblance, attraction, compatibility, cotton, druthers, partiality, thing, alikeness, alliance, analogy, association, connection.
Does Affinity Mean Liking?
a liking or sympathy for someone or something, especially because of shared characteristics: She seems to have a natural affinity for/with water.
Click here – What Is The Meaning Of Affidavit? Find Out Meaning Of Affidavit.