What Is The Meaning Of Affinity?
The meaning of the term affinity is a natural liking for and understanding of someone or something. You can also say that, if you have an affinity with someone or something, you feel that you are similar to them.
The other words which can be synonymous with the term affinity can be stated as, empathy, sympathy, accord, harmony, rapport, connection, relationship, bond, etc. While some of the antonyms can also be given such as antipathy, aversion, dislike, dissimilarity, violence, difference, enmity, repugnance, etc.
You can also understand more clearly the meaning of affinity by making the use of the word in the sentence. Some of the examples can be stated as, you have an affinity for jumping off tall things, Uzbeks and Kirghiz have but small affinity with the Mongol element of Asia, that the sum of the units of the affinity of all the atoms in a compound is an even number, etc.
Most of the people often question that, what is a family of affinity? So, basically, the people with or without blood ties or legal ties, feel they belong together and want to self define themselves as a family. This family of affinity is most commonly created or exists between two people as a conclusion of someone’s marriage.
Examples Of Using The Word Affinity Are:
1. It’s a difficult business manufacturing a film based on a book that your audience already has a great affinity with.
2. His sadly slow healing gives him a greater affinity with his environments.
3. An affinity with Britain’s transpiring youth culture is already evident in his debut characteristic It’s Trad, Dad!
4. Of course, he was in banishment and did have a great affinity for those sorts of characters, for tramps and drifters and replaced, placeless people.
5. My uncle has an affinity for Hawaiian flower print shirts, T-shirts, and Bermuda shorts.
6. Parental love is prompted by the child’s close affinity and likeness to her.
7. The main executive said the social card was the primary affinity card in India.
8. This is due to an affinity to tie to DNA bases, specifically pyrimidine bases.
9. And those with an affinity for the laziness, slapstick, and buffoonery of this type of comedy will be turned off by the costumes.
10. Their affinity for Beach Boys-like sentimentality is apparent in maudlin lyrics and song subtitles like My First Kiss.
11. Despite my obvious affinity with the man, I’m afraid I haven’t been able to achieve a telepathic connection to ask him who he is.