What Is The Meaning Of Constipation?
What Is The Meaning Of Constipation?
The word constipation is a noun that reflects a condition, in which there is intricacy in emptying the bowels, which is by and large associated with hardened feces. Meaning of constipation includes the condition of the digestive system which is a symptom, not a disease caused by infrequent bowel movements.
The medical term of constipation
In medical terms, the word constipation is defined as a smaller amount of stools i.e. three stools per week and stern constipation as less than one stool per week. Some of the symptoms of constipation include:
- A lower level of abdominal discomfort
- Constipation, by and large, is caused by the sluggish movement of material through the colon (large bowel).
- A sense of curtailed evacuation (the feeling that you still have to “go” for the motion) after a bowel movement
- Hard or small stools
- Physiological distress
- Obsession with having bowel movements.
Constipation means diverse things to the diverse number of people, as causes of constipation differ from person to person. As for some people, it could simply mean infrequent passage of stool while for some people it means the passage of hard stools, difficulty passing the stool, a sense of incomplete emptying, etc.
Some synonyms of constipation are:
- fecal impaction
- Symptoms, etc.
Some antonyms of constipation are:
- hyponatremia, etc.
Overview of the meaning of the word constipation is a condition or state in which you have less than three bowel movements a week. It can last up to lasts several months if not treated or diagnosed properly.
Examples Of Using The Word Constipation Are:
- Someone with anorexia might visit their GP because of manifestations such as loss of periods, abdominal pain, bloating or constipation.
- It also assists in eupepsia and decreases constipation frequency and urinary bladder difficulties.
- It is utilized for constipation caused by dryness, for skin inflammation caused by damp-heat.
- Treating and averting constipation may improve the manifestations and cure the ulcer.
- Hindering pain, little vomiting, constipation and obstipation, distension, loud borborygmi and little loss of electrolytes.
- Children with an organic source for constipation, such as Hirschsprung’s disease, were debarred.
- Commonly in my practice, the state alternates between constipation and diarrhea.
- Other possible after-effects consist of headache, diarrhea, stomachache or constipation.
- Other commonly associated manifestations include nausea, vomiting, and constipation or diarrhea.
- In one study, 63 percent of children with constipation and soiling had tender excretion that began before three years of age.
- High fiber foods decrease the risk of constipation, colon and rectal cancer, hiatus hernia, heart disease, and fatness.
- We are sending you an escort with 10 tips to battle constipation and a special low-fat pumpkin bran muffin method.
- Worst after effects consisted of constipation, nausea, asthenia, and dizziness in 6.2 percent more patients than those taking a placebo.
What Does The Constipation Means?
Constipation is generally described as having fewer than three bowel movements a week. Though occasional constipation is very common, some people experience chronic constipation that can interfere with their ability to go about their daily tasks.
What Constipation Feels Like?
You may also be constipated if you experience straining, hard stools, a feeling of being blocked up or a feeling that you don’t completely empty your bowels. “If you’re constipated, you may also feel cramping, bloating, nausea or pain in the rectum from straining,” says Dr.
What Is The Main Cause Of Constipation?
Common lifestyle causes of constipation include:
Eating foods low in fiber. Not drinking enough water (dehydration). Not getting enough exercise. Changes in your regular routine, such as traveling or eating or going to bed at different times.
How Do U Stop Constipation?
Diet and lifestyle changes
- Increase your fiber intake. Adding fiber to your diet increases the weight of your stool and speeds its passage through your intestines. …
- Exercise most days of the week. Physical activity increases muscle activity in your intestines. …
- Don’t ignore the urge to have a bowel movement.
What Makes You Constipated Quickly?
You may become constipated if you don’t eat enough high-fiber foods, such as vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Eating a lot of high-fat meats, dairy products and eggs, sweets, or processed foods may cause constipation.