Find The Meaning Of Outpatient?
What Is The Meaning Of Outpatient?
The Meaning Of Outpatient In English,
The meaning of Outpatient refers to a patient who attends a hospital for treatment without staying there overnight.
The meaning of an outpatient can also be referred to as the person who goes to the hospital for check-up or tests or treatment but is not admitted to the hospital or does not stay there or is not hospitalized.
The meaning of outpatient is clearer as it is a type of service provided by the hospital and it includes medical procedures or tests that can be done in a medical center without an overnight stay.
The outpatients can go to their home after a check-up or consultation is done and sleep during the night in their homes, not in the hospital.
The care given to the outpatients is also known as ambulatory care; it includes any diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation therapies that do not require an overnight stay.
See This Also: What Is Meaning Of Inpatient? Find Out Meaning Of Inpatient.
What Are The Synonyms Of Outpatient?
Synonyms Of Outpatient Are:
What Are The Antonyms Of Outpatient?
Antonyms Of Outpatient Are:
What Are The Related Words Of Outpatient?
Related Words Of Outpatient Are:
- outpatient treatment
- outpatient care
- outpatient surgery
What Is The Noun Form Of Outpatient?
Noun Form Of Outpatient Is:
What Is The Verb Form Of Outpatient?
Verb Form Of Outpatient Is:
- Not Available The Verb Form Of Outpatient.
What Is The Adjective Of Outpatient?
Adjective Of Outpatient Is:
Examples Of Using The Word Outpatient Are:
- If the patient is not acutely sick, treat as an outpatient for 10 days to 6 weeks.
- When I saw her in my outpatient clinic she could barely walk and was brought in a wheelchair.
- For many people, aftercare such as taking medication or visiting an outpatient clinic is necessary after a stay in the hospital.
- We selected patients by inspecting all referral letters to the hospital’s gastroenterology outpatient clinics and open ingress endoscopy service.
- In a preceding study, we have shown that local anesthesia can be utilized as the standard anesthetic for outpatient knee arthroscopy.
- The muscle biopsy can be skilled as an outpatient process and carries the attendant risks of pain, bleeding, infection, and sensory loss.
- Ground-level includes maternity outpatient services, with pediatric outpatients above.
- Dand C is an outpatient process generally done under sedation such as Fentanyl.
- Medicare pays for devices and biological with pass-through codes when they are utilized in the outpatient wound care clinic.
- These biopsies generally need only local anesthesia with intravenous sedation and may be done as an outpatient process.
- We studied the role of outpatient testing in the health care system and the effect of managed care on such testing.
What Is Outpatient Example?
An annual exam with your primary care physician is an example of outpatient care, but so are emergent cases where the patient leaves the emergency department the same day they arrive. Any appointment at a clinic or specialty facility outside the hospital is considered outpatient care as well.
What Means Outpatient?
An individual (patient) who receives healthcare services (such as surgery) on an outpatient basis, meaning they do not stay overnight in a hospital or inpatient facility.
What Is The Difference Between Outpatient And Emergency?
You’re an outpatient if you’re getting emergency department services, observation services, outpatient surgery, lab tests, or X-rays, or any other hospital services, and the doctor hasn’t written an order to admit you to a hospital as an inpatient.
What Is Difference Between Inpatient And Outpatient?
An inpatient is a hospital patient who, in most cases, stays in the hospital overnight and meets a set of clinical criteria. Outpatients are people who receive care or hospital services and return home the same day.
Are You Being Treated As An Outpatient?
You’re an outpatient if you go to hospital for treatment provided by someone other than a hospital, and without being admitted to hospital. Having X-rays, ultrasounds and blood tests, GP visits and having a consultation with a specialist are common outpatient procedures.
You were searching for the meaning of Outpatient
I hope you had got the meaning of Outpatient with synonyms and antonyms.
I Hope All Queries Covered In This Post LIke
What is the Meaning of Outpatient In English?
What is meant By Outpatient?
What Does Outpatient mean?
Check out this: What Is Meaning Of Biopsy? Find Out Meaning Of Biopsy.