What Is Meaning of Amalgamation?
What Is Meaning of Amalgamation?
The meaning of Amalgamation is an arrangement where two or more companies consolidate their business into establishing a new business or becoming one of the firms ‘ joint ventures. For practical purposes, the amalgamation of the terms is used synonymously.
The word amalgamation refers to two or more companies into a single company where some of the firms dissolved into a single firm. In other words, amalgamation is merging which involves dissolving the merging companies ‘ organizations and creating a new company with a separate legal entity.
The Amalgamation is used as it is the right method that brings two or more companies together to set up a fresh company.
What Is Amalgamation?
In simple words, Amalgamation is a combination of a new organization of two or more companies. The word Amalgamation refers to distinct from a merger as none of the businesses involved survive as a legal entity. Somewhat, to house both firms ‘ combined earnings and losses, a whole new entity is established.
In a single word, amalgamations can be referred to as consolidations.
Amalgamation refers to typically occurs between two or more firms involved in the same business line or those that share some operational resemblance.
Amalgamation according to the business dictionary refer companies may join forces to diversify their business or extend their variety of services.
Types of Amalgamation
One form of amalgamation pools both the assets and liabilities of the businesses and the interests of the shareholders. All the transferor company’s assets become the transfer company’s assets. The transferor company’s business is continued after the amalgamation. Book values are not adjusted. The amalgamation means the transferor company’s shareholders holding a face value of equity shares.
The word amalgamation also means one business is purchased by another, and the transferor company’s shareholders have no proportionate share in the merged company’s equity. The surplus sum is registered as goodwill if the purchase consideration exceeds the net asset value (NAV). If not, it will be registered as reserves of capital.
See This Also: What Is Meaning Of Ailment? Find Out Meaning Of Ailment.
Examples Of Using The Word Amalgamation Are:
- The starting shock and incredulity at the news were replaced by a gut-wrenching amalgamation of loss, tears, and anger.
- As we left Oban, we initiated to find our way around this curious amalgamation of enjoyable hotel and Daedalian cruise ship.
- An amalgamation and attentiveness mill was built at the mouth of the basin, and the concentrate was loaded by mule down to Telluride.
- Those small states were tensed that amalgamation into a superstate would abandon their interests to those of the large states.
- Optimistically you can view that these cults were an amalgamation of Hebrew monotheism and Egyptian and Sumerian polytheism.
- In 1865 The Cambrian Railway company was established through an amalgamation of smaller companies.
- And all of us want to know if your hair is real, or its a toupee or if its comb-over, died amalgamation or jumble of one of the above?
- The songs return and gone is the half-baked amalgamation of in-jokes and dubwise windings.
- The incorporation of amalgamation in an assignment would constitute a further restriction on the tenants’ common law right to assign without assent.
- The amalgamation, which includes resiting some of the departments between the two hospitals, is expected to cost about R30 million.